* Where can I submit my film?
Submit my film
All submissions are made through FilmFreeway and Entry Form. To participate in the competition you must complete both platforms.
* Is there a fee for entry?
No. Submission short films have no entry fee attached.
* Can I get a fee waiver for my submission?
We do not offer waivers for submissions.
* Can I get a discount for my submissions?
If you are a college or institution or have a number of films (distribution company) you would like to enter, please email
* What premiere status must my film have?
Film Premiere status
For shorts, your film premiere is not required.
* My film is online – can I still enter?
Eligibility film available publicly online
Any film available publicly online is not eligible for entry. We accept secure and password-protected links only.
* Is there a minimum or maximum run time for shorts submissions?
Maximum and Minimum run time for films
The maximum run time for short films is 20 minutes.
* Can I post you a DVD instead of making an online entry?
No! All submissions are made through FilmFreeway and Entry Form.
* How long after the completion date is my film still eligible?
Film Eligibility Kaaffilm International Short Film Festival
Kaaffilm International Short Film Festival accepts films that are within 1 to 3 years of their completion date.